L Mills Curriculum Leader – Biology
D Fulton Chemistry
H Razzaq Physics
C Auld Technician
Aims & Objectives
The Science staff aim to help all students achieve their full potential and become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society by developing:
- Awareness of the importance of Science within global society
- Confidence in their own ability
- Good work/study skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of their chosen subjects
- Strong problem solving skills
- Confidence in the use of ICT as a learning resource
- Awareness of health and safety and risk management
- An understanding of the range of careers supported by Science qualifications
- National 3, 4, 5 and Higher and Advanced Highers courses are offered in Biology, Physics and Chemistry
S1-3 Curriculum for Excellence:
- All students follow an introductory mixed Science course in S1/S2 which builds on previous experience from Primary school. It is designed to develop knowledge and understanding, investigative skills, scientific methodology and problem solving abilities through a range of practical tasks
- In S3 students can select two science subjects from Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- A Science evlective can also be selcted to study in S2 or S3.
All Science subjects run a weekly supported study opportunities through our the year and the department operates an ‘open door’ policy at lunchtime for additional help
All subjects have regular homework activities and we would encourage you to discuss the importance of this with your child.
SQA for past papers:
National 4 Biology online textbook:
National 5 Biology online textbook: