The Scottish Government funds additional payments for families with an income-based eligibility to Free School Meals. They are free school meals payments during school holidays and Scottish Child Bridging Payments.
If you have applied for and been awarded free school meals and a clothing grant, payment will be made automatically using the payment details we currently hold for you. You do not need to make a separate application for these payments.
If your bank details change, you must tell us immediately using our contact form.
Both payments are made just before a school holiday, except the February mid-term break where only a holiday payment is made.
Payments for each holiday will be
- October mid-term break – paid on 11 October 2021
- Christmas holiday – paid on 6 December 2021
- February mid-term break – to be paid by 18 February 2022 (holiday payment only – no bridging payment)
- Easter holiday – to be paid by 8 April 2022
- Summer holiday – to be paid by 1 July 2022.
Pre-school/nursery aged children are not eligible for this payment. The Scottish Child Payment is available for children under the age of 6. Find out more about this payment on the Scottish Government website.