Parent Council News
All parents/carers are welcome to come along to Parent Council meetings, with an especially warm invitation to any parents new to the school who want to find out what it is all about.
Date of Next Meeting: to be confirmed
Join our Parent Council
If you are interested in joining the Parent Council or would like to receive more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Parent Forum of Scotland have been developing resources for the new Higher qualifications as part of their Nutshell series. Highers in a Nutshell are clear, concise guides which summarise each subject, outlining the key skills learners can expect to gain and providing links to further information. Visit their website to access these useful resources www.npfs.org.uk/highers-in-a-nutshell/
Need help completing an application form for Free School Meals & Assistance with Schoolwear?
Please contact Parent Council member Amanda Campbell for help with filling in your application form for Free School Meals & Assistance with Schoolwear. The School Office will also help with forwarding completed applications and photocopying. Email: email@example.com
During session 2014-15 the Parent Council supported the school:
By supporting the school in the drive to reduce sales of energy drinks from local shops to anyone under 16 years of age following the release of new guidelines “Better Eating, Better Learning” and supporting the Responsible Retailing of Energy Drinks campaign.
By attending the Meet the Teachers social event for new S1 parents and carers.
By providing finance for projects across the school:
- Maths Problem Solving Club
- New glassware and equipment for Science
- Walking boots for students taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Textbooks for English and Social Subjects
- Equipment for Physical Education
By attending South West Neighbourhood Meetings to represent parents’ views on the vision for Children and Families through schools and in particular the lack of recreational facilities at Wester Hailes.
Check out the Parent Council noticeboard for details on events/activities that you can be involved in.
Aims of the Wester Hailes Education Centre Parent Council
- To support the school in its work with students
- To represent parents’ views to the Senior Team.
- To liaise with parents throughout the academic year in order to gather their views, opinion and questions.
- To represent parents views to Edinburgh City Council.
- To be involved in the life of the school including events and school activities.
How we do this?
- Meet once a term.
- Hold at least one Parent Forum meeting per year.
- Council members gather the opinions, views and questions of parents by surveying parents once a term.
- Agree a plan of activities that parents are involved in each session
Who are your Parent Council
Who are your Parent Council
David Young (Head Teacher)
Amanda Campbell (Chair)
Ken Campbell (Treasurer)
Jackie Smith (Parent Member)