Privacy Notice for Wester Hailes Education Centre Leisure Centre
Part of the City of Edinburgh Council
To deliver our services we need to collect, store, use share and dispose of personal information. This is known as data processing.
When we collect personal data, we must tell you why we need it, and what we will do with it. This information is called a privacy notice.
We want you to know that WHEC Leisure respects the information we hold on you and that we take the security of your information very seriously.
The personal information we hold about you may be collected on a paper or online form, by telephone, email, CCTV, by a member of staff, or one of our partners. When we collect and process your personal information, we are committed to the principles set out in data protection legislation:
- We only collect information we need
- We keep your personal information secure
- We don’t keep your information for longer than we need to
- We tell you why we need the information and what we will do with it
- We collect accurate information and, where necessary, keep it up to date
- We don’t use your information for a different reason than the one we have told you about. The exception to this is if we have to do so by law e.g. to prevent and detect crime.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect may include any of the following.
- Any personal details you provide to our staff or when you fill in a form. This includes information that we require to set up your membership or make a booking for you. Also if you request written information or enter a competition.
- Details of any payment transactions you make, so that we can honour your booking and provide you with the services you have purchased.
- Information which allows us to recognise you, such as your membership ID.
How do we capture, store & protect your personal information?
We treat all your personal information with great care. We keep it safe on secure servers and access to this information is controlled. Information which has become outdated or has already served its intended purpose and is no longer required will be deleted securely.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you. We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with any services or goods that you have purchased to check your identity
- to update our records with any new information you give us
- to notify you of information about the Leisure Centre, such as class booking dates, new fitness classes, changes to services, etc.
- to comply with legal requirements.
Contacting our customers
We will keep you updated with our latest news and offers. We do our best to ensure our contact with you is relevant to you and we promise not to contact you too often. If you don’t want to receive these messages you can opt out at any time. You can do this by emailing email@example.com or by telling a member of staff.
Access to the information we store about you
If you believe the information we hold about you is out of date or incorrect, please tell a member of staff. You will need a form of identification to request any changes.
For more information on how the Council uses personal data, and to know more about your information rights including who to contact if you have a concern, see the City of Edinburgh’s Privacy Notice (www.edinburgh.gov.uk/privacy)