Please see the map of proposed 20mph speed limits to check which streets will be affected.
Whatever your views about our 20mph speed limit proposals, City of Edinburgh Council want to hear from you. They are particularly keen to get your views on which streets should have a 20mph limit.
Please let them know your views on the speed limit proposals. You can send your comments:
: Freepost RTCH-JJEK-TCCZ, The City of Edinburgh Council, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG
: Go to www.edinburgh.gov.uk/20mph and complete the online form
: If you have any questions or would like more information, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments must be received by 17 October 2014.
Your comments and suggestions will be considered in detail and findings will be reported to the City of Edinburgh Council’s Transport and Environment Committee in early 2015.
A series of drop-in sessions and public meetings has been organised through the Neighbourhood Partnerships. Council officers will be available at these events to answer questions.
- Drop-in session on 26 August, 4.30 to 6.30pm, Drumbrae Library Hub followed by a presentation on 20mph proposals at the Western Neighbourhood Partnership Meeting at 7pm.
- Drop-in session on 8 September, 2 to 4 pm, South Queensferry Community Education Centre, Kirkliston Road.
- Drop-in session on 3 September, 10am to 1pm, North Edinburgh Local Office.
- Drop-in session on 18 September, 2 to 4pm, Edgar Hall, Stenhouse St Aidan’s Parish Church.
- Drop-in session on 22 September, 2 to 4pm in Oxgangs Library.
- Public meeting on 10 September, 7pm, Portobello Town Hall.
- Public meeting on 16 September, 7pm, City Chambers.
- Public meeting on 23 September, 7pm, City Chambers.
- Drop-in session on 24 September, 6pm, Business Centre, McDonald Road Library.
An exhibition of the proposals will be available in the Central Library, George IV Bridge from 1 September until 14 September. Maps of the proposals will be available in the following local libraries from 1 September: Piershill, Northfield, Gilmerton, Morningside, Wester Hailes, Drumbrae Hub, McDonald Road and Muirhouse.